GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

714gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks stunning - it’s the colour I wanted but Mrs T-D wasn't keen and we couldn't see one at the time in sunlight.

My wifey wasn't too keen on the idea of red. I was supposed to go the gun metal grey route, but she got her sportswagen in a similar color and needed some variety.
I've owned a plethora of white, our egolf was silver, black is too hard to maintain, and the blue color is not my cuppa. I was dead set on the red.
Once she saw the red in person it was an easy sell.

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
My wifey wasn't too keen on the idea of red. I was supposed to go the gun metal grey route, but she got her sportswagen in a similar color and needed some variety.

I've owned a plethora of white, our egolf was silver, black is too hard to maintain, and the blue color is not my cuppa. I was dead set on the red.

Once she saw the red in person it was an easy sell.

I couldn't care what the wife thinks, it's my car and I'll have whatever colour I like. Do you guys really have to run things like that by your other halfs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
I couldn't care what the wife thinks, it's my car and I'll have whatever colour I like. Do you guys really have to run things like that by your other halfs?

Don't have one; therefore, I have $ [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

714gti

Passed Driver's Ed

You'll learn one day....it's not about running things by them like as k ing for permission. It's about convincing them you are right.

Metfan08

Ready to race!

If it's a shared car then yes, if we have our own cars then no. We share two cars, we have a newer one (currently Skoda Octavia and will be the new Golf estate in a few weeks) and a £900 runaround, so all decisions are joint when it comes to cars. It's not a case of asking permission, it's about mutual respect.

Each to their own though

D0Crocky55

If it's a shared car then yes, if we have our own cars then no. We share two cars, we have a newer one (currently Skoda Octavia and will be the new Golf estate in a few weeks) and a £900 runaround, so all decisions are joint when it comes to cars. It's not a case of asking permission, it's about mutual respect.

Each to their own though
My wife literally told me not to settle on anything during the purchase. She told me to get exactly what I wanted (I've got a thing for silver). Come to think of it though...she never told me whether or not she likes the color.

2015 GTI SE w/LP

FURIOUSGTI

Banned
You'll learn one day....it's not about running things by them like asking for permission. It's about convincing them you are right.
Nah, there are things on this this planet that are solely men's decisions. Buying/deciding what car is one of them. The only thing that women can decide are the color and some other interior bits, assuming that the car will be for her. Reaching the point in your life, when your wife will be the one to decide or interfere with those decisions, is a sign that you are a "man under the shoe"
Saying all that, you are absolutely right. Giving her a false sense of command and control is priceless.

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
You'll learn one day....it's not about running things by them like as k ing for permission. It's about convincing them you are right.

Well considering I married the first Mrs CF in 1988 and the current Mrs CF in 2003 I can honestly say that I have had some experience of these things, pick the right one and there is no need for any permission or negotiations.

FURIOUSGTI

Banned
Well considering I married the first Mrs CF in 1988 and the current Mrs CF in 2003 I can honestly say that I have had some experience of these things, pick the right one and there is no need for any permission or negotiations.

^^THIS^^
It is hard to do for the most men. That emancipation thing is strong these days with the women. :)
Pussyfication is also prevalent. :)

FURIOUSGTI

Banned
Usually having a couple of children!
Hmm...I think you are right again my friend. I have two friends and they have 3 kids each and the third one has 6 daughters. My friends are fine but their spouses are "nutters". Command and control is their motto. I don't know, but one more fact is that all these are religious nuts too. But when I ask my friends are they happy, they say "Yes". Pussyfication much.

EDM

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed Neuspeed Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks, Neuspeed 25mm rear sway bar, and Neuspeed sway bar end links.