GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are your favourite winter tires?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
I’ve always run blizzaks over the last 20 years or so. Still love them. Recently swapped out my AO spec Dunlop wintersport 3D because they were loud af. Great traction though. Went with Michelin PA4 and I love them. Snow/rain/wet whatever they are awesome and quiet. I found a barely used set for such a good price and snatched those up as well so I have an extra set. Went with a 245/35/19 on factory wheels and they fit great. A little more meat rides a touch nicer.

Chubby Bunny

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Wanted to add to this and dump a little more on the Ice X.

Past 8 years I have had a truck with Blizzaks and 2 SUVs with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's. The Blizzaks are ok, do their job, work well for first year or so, but then slowly degrade. The Nokians are absolutely the best I have ever had in winter, vehicle can go through anything, been amazed by them. We live in North Central Washington, where the snow comes down in bunches, and the climate is below freezing most the winter.

So, when I got my GTI, I needed to get a dedicated snow set, after days of research I felt the Ice X were the answer, and they have been a huge disappointment. Traction is not good in dry, I feel no confidence and cant wait to get them off. They are better than I would have with A/S but still not anywhere close to expectations.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Wanted to add to this and dump a little more on the Ice X.

Past 8 years I have had a truck with Blizzaks and 2 SUVs with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's. The Blizzaks are ok, do their job, work well for first year or so, but then slowly degrade. The Nokians are absolutely the best I have ever had in winter, vehicle can go through anything, been amazed by them. We live in North Central Washington, where the snow comes down in bunches, and the climate is below freezing most the winter.

So, when I got my GTI, I needed to get a dedicated snow set, after days of research I felt the Ice X were the answer, and they have been a huge disappointment. Traction is not good in dry, I feel no confidence and cant wait to get them off. They are better than I would have with A/S but still not anywhere close to expectations.
You might give the Nokian WR G4's a try. Mine have done great for the last 3 years and are still going strong. My location has been known for getting a bit of snow now and then. They even did a full summer and a half and performed credibly.
I too was disappointed by the Ice X's.

Cytokine

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 LSG 6MT Golf R
Nokian hakkapeliitta or Gislavid Euro Frost. Performance winter tires just don't cut it for the snow we get. Need a proper snow tire. Cant say enough about the Nokians or Gislavids.