GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird USB issue

ministry76

Car(s)
Golf MK7 Variant
Hello,
I'm having an annoying issue, for quite a while, with my MK7 Composition media (ver 1) system.
I have an usb pen with my favourite songs always connected... now, when I switch the system on (after turning on the ingition) the system randomly doesn't resume playing, but it starts playing the content from the very beginning, like I just connected the usb pen.
Other times, it says "usb device not supported", so I must disconnect and reconnect it, then, after this, it works regularly until next stop.
Nothing changed on my side... the issue just came forward spontaneusly a couple of weeks ago; I tested several usb sticks (with different sizes) but no luck.
By the way the issue is very unpredictable so I cannot reproduce it.
Any ideas?
Side note: almost at the same time, the stop&go system stopped working and according to the service I need to replace my battery...

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Have you swapped out your cable? I use Android Auto via USB with my MIB2 and the cable is almost always the cause of any issues I have.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Hi. What do you mean?
I connect my usb stick directly into the plug, without using cables
Ah, gotcha. If you can take a flashlight and check the USB port for lint or other debris buildup. You can also pull the tray and double check the wiring is tight. I had an issue where nothing would read on the USB port and the cable had come loose behind the plug..

ministry76

Car(s)
Golf MK7 Variant
The problem only occurs only after switching the whole system on, so I think the hardware site is ok, but I'll check it out... how can I remove the tray?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The MIB3 in my '21 often does the same thing, starting from the beginning each time I turn the engine off. Really annoying. If I press [Pause] before turning the engine off, it sometimes begins from where it left off and other times it starts from the beginning. The software engineer didn't think this through.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The MIB3 in my '21 often does the same thing, starting from the beginning each time I turn the engine off. Really annoying. If I press [Pause] before turning the engine off, it sometimes begins from where it left off and other times it starts from the beginning. The software engineer didn't think this through.
After trying various things to cure this, I've found a trick that might work -- press the [Radio] button before shutting off the engine. I've been testing this for a week now and it seems to work. Upon starting the engine, press [Media] and it'll pick up in your MP3 file when you left off.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Check on mib-helper.com if there's a firmware update for your unit. Can't promise, but it might help you fix the issue.