GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird Noise Help

mec0902

Passed Driver's Ed
Hearing a weird noise. I'm running JB1, Neuspeed intake, APR downpipe, and Borla catback on my DSG GTI. Occasionally I hear what sounds like a tire chirp when letting go of the gas pedal while boosting. It typically is when I am 50%-75% throttle in 3rd or 4th and let go around 4-5k rpm. It legit sounds like a tire chirp accompanied by the normal diverter valve sounds. I'm making excellent power, I have no flutter on acceleration. I'm wondering if this could be surge on deceleration.

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
I've also noticed this. JB1 + DP. I've also noticed the car will occasionally act like it would if I had opened the throttle A LOT more than I was requesting. Like abnormally quick boost building and power.

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
Alright, mine is starting to chirp louder. I'm assuming this chirp is from a mount somewhere or something. If it happened every time I let off I'd call it diverter valve noise and ignore it but it doesn't. I'm wondering if it is coming from the downpipe.

mattywolffee

I have the JB1 + DP and no weird noises here, but I did let a buddy drive my car up the street and he said that when he let off the throttle under boost it felt like the car "kept going", didnt think anything of it until now.