GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf replica pedal cover ebay dispute

dperk2015

Hi guys,

I wonder could anyone help me. I ordered replica pedal covers from ebay for my brake, clutch & accelerator pedals. The brake and clutch fit fine, but the accelerator cover clearly didn't fit.

I've contacted the seller & sent them pics. They say that the covers are for a left hand drive vw golf mk7 only (mine of right hand drive) & that the mk7 left hand drive accelerator pedal is a different size to the mk7 right hand side drive! I thought this answer sounded a bit ridiculous to be honest, but I just thought I'd come on here and check before I reply.

VW Villan

Passed Driver's Ed
I think it's true they are different. Somehow.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
They are indeed different as I found out very recently.

I ordered genuine OEM pedal caps from ECS, these are obviously for the US market but I thought they would be the same.

The accelerator pedal for the L/H drive is more curved, I managed to gently bend it and remove some of the stiff rubber which goes over the car pedal, with plenty of determination I got it on after an hour.

NZ is R/H drive.

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey there,

I just got my eBay pedals yesterday. I installed them. I noticed the brake pedal is loose. The product doesn't look half bad but you can tell its was either the rejected version of the official products because they do look a lot like the real ones.

I will take pictures of them. I don't know if I would buy them again and I'm not sure if I would buy the official ones since it might just be the same thing.

Now mine also show imperfections but i'm not that picky for something not to be seen.

The product came in a bag with a "Official" label made in Germany. all 3 pedals except the dead pedal say Made in Germany.

The Dead pedal says made in Italy "Because Racecar."