GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Virgin analysis of Liquimoly Molgyen 5W40

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Decided to go with Liqumoly’s Molygen 5W40 this go around out of interest so did a VOA to compare with their Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40 which I have also posted a VOA for previously but have included here. The Molygen should be basically the same except in contains a friction modifier (MFC – Molecular Friction Control) which is supposed to be a chemical friction additive (doesn’t have the solid bits like MoS2 or Ceratec) made up of tungsten and molybdenum and of course, the green “predator blood” color. Side by side they look nearly the same otherwise and the likely missing VW502 00 approval is probalby due to the friction modifier included in the Molygen vs. running Ceratec or MoS2 separately which also would negate the VW502 00 approval. So a spike in molybdenum and tungsten (listed in the notes section) is all I see that stands out. Viscosity is nearly the same. TBN is nearly the same.
LM MOLYGEN 5W40-200503_virgin_analysis_clean.jpg
LM LLHT 5W40-191225_virgin_analysis_clean.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
^^^There you are! Welcome.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
So you woke up today and posted revived a bunch of older threads about oil? What's your handle on bobishteoilguy.com?

BTW - the green Molygen is so delcious over ice.

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
All I know is that on Castrol 0w40 the top end of my motor made all kinds of racket on cold start, even in warm weather, and on Molygen it sounds on cold start like it did before idling at operating temperature. Engine feels notably smoother, too. That’s enough for me.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
All I know is that on Castrol 0w40 the top end of my motor made all kinds of racket on cold start, even in warm weather, and on Molygen it sounds on cold start like it did before idling at operating temperature. Engine feels notably smoother, too. That’s enough for me.
Should be the opposite you would think with that 0 cold viscosity rating.

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
Should be the opposite you would think with that 0 cold viscosity rating.

Right? I was very pleasantly surprised. I had a perfectly fine UOA on the Castrol 0w40, but wasn’t happy with how the motor felt compared to my MK6 GTI that I always ran Motul in. I gave Molygen a try just for fun, really, but if I end up keeping the car, unless a UOA comes back with an issue, this is what I’ll be sticking with.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Liqui Moly all day. I haven't run the molygen but the purple bottle with Mos2 has been absolutely wicked for keeping the car going smoothly. I was an mobile 1 user and was having the same things Coogles is saying. Was running the 0w and yeesh, car did not like it.