GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UK - Tricky payment obstacle - Is it True?

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Well done aixlad, I would and will do exactly the same as you have done. If some members on here are happy to pay in advance without inspecting their car, leave them to it.

I suppose another answer would have been to inspect the car on the day of payment, and collect the next day, but even in its most mild form that is darn annoying having to make 2 trips.

Overall based on what you know they definitely deserve an earful, and should be seen to have to win you over.

If they're willing to accept they're being asses and let you pay on the day than all can be forgiven (if not forgotten, and brought up over and over again during arguments :rolleyes:)

If they stick to their guns though, sod'um...

aixlad

Passed Driver's Ed
I suppose another answer would have been to inspect the car on the day of payment, and collect the next day...
Don't misunderstand me, but why would this inconvenience be acceptable? The dealer could be 200 miles away for example. I pay the balance in full after I've seen it, and at that point it becomes my property and my responsibility. For these reasons I'd rather not leave it on their premises for a further 24-hours. I don't particularly mind when I collect it; this week, next week, or in a couple of months time but once I've paid the balance I want to drive it away on that same day. This expectation is not unreasonable, and in my opinion the dealer should actively promote transactions such as this whenever the opportunity arises as it really is the simplest and most proven method of execution, just like buying a loaf from Tescos!

dickt

Ready to race!
There are 2 issues here.
1. The VW Stealers are lying about the FCA stuff. The actual salesman will not know that he/she is lying. If I were you I would write them an e-mail telling them what the FCA told you. Lying is not a good basis for a future relationship. As you've got our attention, you could tell them about your links to a VW website, and why it would not do their business any good for you to mention their name on here.
2. The second issue is when you pay for a car. I appreciate your point of view. I had not thought of it like that before. If and when I have bought from a Stealer, as long as they looked like responsible, big and permanent, I have just paid up when they wanted the loot. A Day or two before.
My Newish Mk 7 I bought entirely over the Net, so had both the warranty and the Distance Selling stuff supporting me.