GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyrol Sport Deadset Kit with Aluminum Audi Subframe?

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Just curious if this works. Have heard conflicting information if it fits the aluminum subframe.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Just curious if this works. Have heard conflicting information if it fits the aluminum subframe.

They sell them for vehicles that come with aluminum subframes, like the MK2 TT, so wouldn’t that mean it fits?

Did you check their website out, or ask them?

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
They sell them for vehicles that come with aluminum subframes, like the MK2 TT, so wouldn’t that mean it fits?

Did you check their website out, or ask them?
Yeah Tyrol lists for mk7 mk8 gti and golf r man a3 s3 rs3 yet I heard from someone that it doesn’t work on the aluminum subframe used by a3 s3 and rs3. I can order and see but don’t want to pay install cost only to find it doesn’t work since dropping the subframe is not cheap.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah Tyrol lists for mk7 mk8 gti and golf r man a3 s3 rs3 yet I heard from someone that it doesn’t work on the aluminum subframe used by a3 s3 and rs3. I can order and see but don’t want to pay install cost only to find it doesn’t work since dropping the subframe is not cheap.
I have a different deadset kit that's sold for the mk7 and it worked fine on my aluminum subframe. don't see why tyrolsport would be different.
the only difference is you have to use longer control arm bolts, which tyrolsport doesn't replace with their ARP hardware anyway.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
I have a different deadset kit that's sold for the mk7 and it worked fine on my aluminum subframe. don't see why tyrolsport would be different.
the only difference is you have to use longer control arm bolts, which tyrolsport doesn't replace with their ARP hardware anyway.
Thanks. Ordering now.