GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tire size and brand on 18x8" rim

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
How all,
What size tire is recommended on 8" wide rim et45? Would 235 provide better traction?
Also are the stock pirelli good or are continental dws better?

Also is it recommended to have dedicated snow tires or its not really needed?

Thanks

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
235 would provide better traction than 225, and possibly even some protection from curb rash in the event you kiss the curb while parallel parking.

Stock pirellis suck get the DWS (or Michelin AS3 or one of the other various competing performance all seasons).

Snow tires depends on where you live, how much snow you get, and whether you're the type to drive in the snow. I'm young and reckless so idc whether it snows it ain't stopping me from doing what I wanna do so I'm definitely getting snows when I can afford it this summer. Could've really used em during Snowmageddon in January.

Roonie

Passed Driver's Ed
Michelin A/S 3+ (A new tire just released for sale this month) looks promising for snow traction. And as always Michelin leads in wet traction technology. Hope to see some reviews here soon.

On a side note, looking at the HRE Flow Form FF15 or possbly the Enkei RS05SS in a 18x8.5 and wondering what tire size (255/35R18 ??) and if there are any issues with rubbing on a stock suspension?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Michelin A/S 3+ (A new tire just released for sale this month) looks promising for snow traction. And as always Michelin leads in wet traction technology. Hope to see some reviews here soon.

On a side note, looking at the HRE Flow Form FF15 or possbly the Enkei RS05SS in a 18x8.5 and wondering what tire size (255/35R18 ??) and if there are any issues with rubbing on a stock suspension?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You would not rub if you were stock. People have run 255 on 18x8.5s on VWRs and only needed to do the fender screw mod

yuzhi26

take note. 235 costs more than 225. As 225 is more commonly ordered hence cheaper and easier to find also. i installed 225/40/18 on the austin rims.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
take note. 235 costs more than 225. As 225 is more commonly ordered hence cheaper and easier to find also. i installed 225/40/18 on the austin rims.

Usually yes, however when I was pricing PSS I discovered that 225/40/18 and 235/40/18 from Tire Rack where the same damn price, lol.