GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TechNote - DSG Fluid Levels and TCM Adaptation Reset

cuper steve

Ready to race!
I asked a friend of mine (who works in VW finance) to recommend a tech who really knows the platform and is mod-friendly.

We got to chatting and he seemed really cool with what I was doing and has done a few transplants of his own.

I asked if about DSG fluid levels and resetting the adaptation of the TCM.

Regarding DSG Fluid Levels - since there is no way to measure the level, the current process is to drop the pan and empty everything out. Then fill it back up with a fixed/set amount of fluid. He cautioned NOT to just fill it until the overflow neck starts running fluid because that is too much fluid and could lead to a negative effect on gas mileage.

Regarding TCM Adaptation Reset, it does exist. He was in the process of resetting it. but he didn’t execute it, since he noticed that it triggers a “BFFI” (not sure what that stood for) that basically sends some data/report to VW corporate before resetting the values. He said he didn’t know what was in that data stream and didn’t want me to get flagged unnecessarily.

The tech seemed like a good and knowledgeable guy, but I can’t vouch for the information.

Just sharing what I heard/experienced.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
You should have reset the adaptions. There is nothing out of the ordinary to send. To date I am unsure if the fluid fill does the trick or if the adaption reset which at the moment is dealer only.
As far as I have seen in some cases filling the oil only has not solved the issue.