GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stg 1 Mk 7 R, 0-60: 3.78 sec / 0-100: 9.2 sec

GGray

Ready to race!
lol, don't go crazy. 400hp isn't going to be "slaying" any super cars. Maybe keeping pace till like 80-100mph, but that's probably about it.

ahh.. go look at numbers
3.78 and 9.2 are pretty damn close.... with a flash...

krische

vdubber in training
ahh.. go look at numbers
3.78 and 9.2 are pretty damn close.... with a flash...

And that's what a stock C7 Stingray does.

Super cars like the 911 turbos, Lamborghini, Ferraris, etc. are still quite a bit faster.

GGray

Ready to race!
And that's what a stock C7 Stingray does.

Super cars like the 911 turbos, Lamborghini, Ferraris, etc. are still quite a bit faster.

less than one second is not "quite a bit faster...."

I looked through numbers a few nights ago.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
No weakness. No compromise.

krische

vdubber in training
less than one second is not "quite a bit faster...."

I looked through numbers a few nights ago.
When that second is the difference between 3.8 and 2.8 it is. Every second faster is harder to obtain than the last.

And I still don't see how being a second or so slower to 60 is "slaying" them.

GGray

Ready to race!
When that second is the difference between 3.8 and 2.8 it is. Every second faster is harder to obtain than the last.

And I still don't see how being a second or so slower to 60 is "slaying" them.

It was a figure of speech, possibly the wrong word to choose.... I am certain a guy in a (pick the car) if you were on his bumper in your lowly Golf R would not be a happy camper...

AND 1 second can also be a driver... Launch wrong and 1 second advantage vanishes real fast.

I can tell you guys get really irritated when i am in my BMW wagon and run them down on track through the twisty's... At Road Atlanta I last time in the instructor group I ran down an E92M3 between turn 1 and 7... Of course on back straight he blew off.. AFTER he gave me the point by to pass.. I caught him again after three laps of that he finally let me pass...

GTITX1

Ready to race!
And just when I want to stay with VW, and not enter the Audi community, posts like these happen :)

Fine maybe today with a tune a new R can sniff the times of a 911 or something, but the next generation, it will be back to smoking the R again. Don't forget a 2014 Camry v6 has a 0-60 roughly equivalent to mid 80's 911.