GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD

smr651

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
ALLTRACK, CIVIC SI
Left arm rear bushing is torn, otherwise fully working. $120 shipped.

E9D7099A-ED6B-49B3-8733-BF62B77FCC38.jpeg

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Do any of these aftermarket LCA bushings last!? 😆 🙈 👀

In for close-up shots of the affected bushing when you can (please and thank you!)

So far we've now seen multiple SuperPro premium Al arms fail; one BFI RS3 bushing in a steel arm; and multiple Whiteline steel arms with poly.

My post here is strictly to learn and educate the community, not to troll (in case it's unclear in writing).

Thanks in advance. ✌️ 🍻

smr651

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
ALLTRACK, CIVIC SI
Hey man…I’m trying to sell stuff here.. jk.

Bummer to hear this is an on going issue with these arms because this is one of the best suspension mods I’ve done. Made the steering more direct and improved stability. Wonder if the BFI arms with solid bushings would offer similar improvements but long lasting.

Here’s a photo of the poly bushing failure. Had em installed for around 15-20k miles. Never tracked, occasional aggressive driving. Had installed with lowering springs and B6 dampers. Saw a dozen or so subzero early mornings skiing in the mountains. Failure caused vibration through the steering and seat, mostly felt above 70 mph.

Attachments

• 32A6344C-E1AB-4DD9-90CE-8FC787416BF5.jpeg
    32A6344C-E1AB-4DD9-90CE-8FC787416BF5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30

scrllock

Autocross Champion
FWIW whiteline will sell replacements. If you're the original owner I'd try to at least warranty it so you'll have an easier time selling it.

Bummer to see though. I would recommend the RS3/TTRS bushings, holding up much better for me.