GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So Cal Leather R interior swap for GTI Plaid ?

World Famous Z

Ready to race!
Ok, so, I'm very much considering swapping my leather R interior out for GTI mk7 plaids...

I'm looking for someone local to so cal (I am in South OC) who is willing to meet up and swap interiors.

Mine is super clean, only 7k miles, yours must be in excellent shape as well.

Now, I've heard different things with regards to the swap, physically they will bolt in no problems there. But the electrical might be tricky.

My car has power tilt, power up/down, and power front/back, with lumbar and heaters in the driver's side. I'm not sure if USDM spec GTI's with plaids came with the same options or not....

I am assuming if the seats are identical, minus leather vs plaid, all should plug and play. I have VCDS to clear any airbag codes that may pop up as well.

There are some posts out there that claim that you need to swap out your electrical control unit under the passenger seat, (but I'm assuming that's if your seat is not options like mine, but not 100% sure there).

So if you're local, interested, and willing to experiment, I'm very interested...

If it works, we can work out a trade + cash for my R leather interior...

PM me or email me directly anthony.nazzal@gmail.com

ryohei47

Ready to race!
If you ever want to drive to SF... I've been trying to do research on it too, I'm pretty sure you need to swap out the control modules to eliminate codes.

World Famous Z

Ready to race!
That is what I heard also, but doesn't seem to make sense if both seats have the same functions?

I read about a guy in Canada who swapped his plaids for leather and he had all the same functionality as me, and he did not have to exchange the module, but Canadian models may differ?

ryohei47

Ready to race!
That is what I heard also, but doesn't seem to make sense if both seats have the same functions?

I read about a guy in Canada who swapped his plaids for leather and he had all the same functionality as me, and he did not have to exchange the module, but Canadian models may differ?

Honestly you could be right, there hasn't been much consistent info about the swap. Thankfully swapping the module once the seats are out isn't too much extra work if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Only Autobahn GTIs have 12 way power seats in the US so you won't find any in plaid that aren't power recline but manual everything else.