GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SMFW "Bucking" and Crank Pulley hel

erikweber321

Ready to race!
im getting the feeling that this could be a tranny or engine mount. I'm going to ramp my car this weekend and grab a pry bar and check them out, I'll report back

Brainclaw

Ready to race!
im getting the feeling that this could be a tranny or engine mount. I'm going to ramp my car this weekend and grab a pry bar and check them out, I'll report back

I was actually wondering if mounts would do it. Superpro kit looks pretty nice. Crossing my fingers that it isnt the thrust bearing. Thanks for the heads up!

Djdirect21

Passed Driver's Ed
Btw, I also have the superpro mounts installed.

Brainclaw

Ready to race!
Btw, I also have the superpro mounts installed.

Darn,i guess it rules that out. lol you would think the mounts would take the slop out.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think the bucking might be due to the lower inertia that the lighter flywheel has vs. the stock DMFW has. The engine/computer are calibrated for the weight of the DMFW and without the inertia there, the computer is constantly trying to "correct" to keep the rpms even.

Brainclaw

Ready to race!
I think the bucking might be due to the lower inertia that the lighter flywheel has vs. the stock DMFW has. The engine/computer are calibrated for the weight of the DMFW and without the inertia there, the computer is constantly trying to "correct" to keep the rpms even.

Hmmmm good point. I wonder if there is a way to modify that or if certain tunes are more prone.