GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sea Suckers

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I'm always forgetting to post a picture of my set up... here it is... its the Sea Sucker "Hornet" kit for "Hatchback/SUVs".... but I got a single "Rear Wheel Strap" suction mount as well, that one usually comes with the roof racks for the rear wheel, they also sell them individually... I use that to rest the saddle and secure it, the normal kit only has the two suction mounts for the handlebar, its a mistake because the bike can swing around and scratch the car.

I have had this set up for over 4 years, used to run it on my MK5 and my older 26, the tallboy is a bit bigger with the 29er but its fine, I prefer this than having to hold the bike on top of the car and having to stash a dirty front wheel inside the car... imo this is the cleanest set up.

Its also very secure, I took my bike from south FL to the NY tri state area on it.... when I lived in the Northeast, I would regularly take it to the mountains and I could drive the corners as aggressively as I wanted... In Mexico, plenty of times I have reached triple digits with it back there no problem, think the most is over 130....

In the pictures the bike is halfway mounted, I was taking it down.... but you can see it better, you have the safety loop that gets pinched by the hatch that's undone, I wrap that on the headtube.
Then I usually secure the front wheel with a bungeed strap so it doesn't spin.... and the microfiber towel is there to protect the saddle so it doesn't tear....

IMG_4027.JPG
IMG_4031.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG
IMG_4021.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

edit: oh if you are wondering, it shouldn't mess with the rear wiper unless you have really skinny bars... the way I have it here the wiper worked fine.

Last edited: