GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sat nav free upgrades

Windmill

Has anybody attempted any of the free yearly upgrades ( for the first three years ) I should be taking delivery of my car in March, I would like to try and and download them when applicable Although I must admit when checking online it did seem rather complicated (to me) I did note they are available on an SD card from my local dealership, I would be surprised if they are cheap going down this road though

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
you could try searching on the forum first. plenty of posts about the download for both navs. takes a while to download and the nav update is different to nav pro but it's a fairly simple process.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
you could try searching on the forum first. plenty of posts about the download for both navs. takes a while to download and the nav update is different to nav pro but it's a fairly simple process.

In fairness the search hasn't worked everytime I have tried it. :eek:
But then the roads won't change much in a year, I will just exchange the SD card at the dealers.

Jonathan1

Lucky for you guys. Here in South Africa we have to pay from the first upgrade and it's costly. VWSA does not know about other countries offering the first 3 upgrades for free. I'd be interested in finding out if we can download the upgrades for free. I have the Discover Pro unit.

Windmill

Hi guys thank you for your replies, I am going in to see my dealers next week and will ask the question about the "free" exchange SD cards hope you are right Avanti......... Let you know

vwman

Go Kart Champion
^^^^
Good luck !!

i suspect they will just refer you to the download website for 'free' map updates unless you want to buy a new pre-loaded SD card.