GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs Performance Clutch any Good?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I have around 30k km's on my Sachs kit now and I'm having the same experience. No issues at all with the clutch and it still operates like stock, albiet a slightly stiffer pedal.
Coming from the DKM, the pedal almost feels to soft, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Put the clutch stop on today and it 100% fixed my biggest gripe, the long dead zone in the clutch throw. Still very happy with the noise and driveability, but yet to really drive it hard.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Coming from the DKM, the pedal almost feels to soft, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Put the clutch stop on today and it 100% fixed my biggest gripe, the long dead zone in the clutch throw. Still very happy with the noise and driveability, but yet to really drive it hard.
Is your clutch spring still in? If it is, taking it out will make the pedal slightly stiffer.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Is your clutch spring still in? If it is, taking it out will make the pedal slightly stiffer.
It is and I had thought about trying that, but I wasn't sure if it was actually too light or just that I was used to the DKM. Going to give it a month or two and see how I feel about it before I pull the spring.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
It is and I had thought about trying that, but I wasn't sure if it was actually too light or just that I was used to the DKM. Going to give it a month or two and see how I feel about it before I pull the spring.
Yeah give it a try and see if you like it. It takes 30 seconds to take out. I've found that the engagement point feels slightly more defined with the spring out.