GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPF1 Fitment Questions

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Pretty similar overall to me. I'm thinking about getting 17x9 RPF1s, but I'd need to run a pretty aggressive +30 offset. Going to do a test fit with my current wheels + spacers to see if there's any problems with rubbing.
The only place I've seen claiming to sell 17x9 RPF1s (redrilled to 5x112) has some pretty sketchy reviews. If you do a 255 with that offset, I honestly have no idea if it'll rub or not.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
The only place I've seen claiming to sell 17x9 RPF1s (redrilled to 5x112) has some pretty sketchy reviews. If you do a 255 with that offset, I honestly have no idea if it'll rub or not.
FM-wheels?

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Sounds like we rooted the same way lol. I remember back in those days I'd worry heavily on rolling fenders, due to rust etc.. Have your rear wheels ever came close to touching/rubbing the quarter panel lip?

For the top mounts, can't I just use stock on a KW V2? (I haven't installed them yet, waiting until Spring).
If they don't come with top mounts, you use new oem top mounts. You could reuse your old ones but that would be like changing a clutch and not doing the rear main seal.

I haven't had any issues in the rear, even with A052s. Probably a couple mm clearance from the arch under compression

mattjewell

Car(s)
MK7.5
If they don't come with top mounts, you use new oem top mounts. You could reuse your old ones but that would be like changing a clutch and not doing the rear main seal.

I haven't had any issues in the rear, even with A052s. Probably a couple mm clearance from the arch under compression
Good to know. 034 has a few different top mount options, which one do you recommend?

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Damn. I hadn't seen many negative reviews. Some were sketchy for sure - but most seemed like they were from years and years ago.
They may be great but I distinctly remember the feeling I got when I read something that turned me off completely. I'm pretty good at weeding out the crazies. I really wanted 17x9s so I went to the end of the internet to find every option and they were it. I bought my rims maybe 2 years ago so maybe the reviews were more "current".... haven't experienced them personally so I can't say either way how they are.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
They may be great but I distinctly remember the feeling I got when I read something that turned me off completely. I'm pretty good at weeding out the crazies. I really wanted 17x9s so I went to the end of the internet to find every option and they were it. I bought my rims maybe 2 years ago so maybe the reviews were more "current".... haven't experienced them personally so I can't say either way how they are.
I'll update if/when I buy from them.

mattjewell

Car(s)
MK7.5
Bump. Curious to see more 18x8 +35 setups.

Whats really the advantage of going 18x9 as a opposed to 18x8? Wouldn't a spacer make up the difference should one want to do that later?

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Also, 17x9 likely won't fit anything bigger than the non-pp brakes for what it's worth

ApexEight

Car(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si
I bought my 17x9s (ET45 redrilled from 5x114.3) from there in early 2021 and had zero issues. Not sure if things have gotten worse or not
Hi, do you have pics of this setup? I'm ok with redrilling and want to run 17s (no plans on going beyond PP brakes). What tire size? I'd be on stock springs, don't want to do lowering springs, but may do coilovers down the road (Ohlins R&T, moderate drop).