GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 1 tune for EA288 150hp CR TDI motor

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Nice! It finally happened! I do think you're right, but I don't know anyone that's ever used Revo on a TDI. I'm sure some members from across the pond will have some experience/feedback.

omgwtfxbbq1

Oh snap! I've been waiting for this. Must have slipped past my radar. $499 isn't bad. Are there any additional costs when you go get this done?

-Edit-
Called up the Revo headquarters since they are local to me. The CR150 tune is available in Europe but has not been officially tested and released in the US. They are still finishing up the TSI/GTI tunes and then they will begin testing. No estimated date. :(

S2 Dynamics in Rockville said that there is no additional labor cost to get this done unless the ECU is encrypted. If the ECU is encrypted and they need to take it out, its a $100 labor fee and takes about 30 minutes. If its not encrypted its just $499.

Last edited:

Korab

Ready to race!
Oh snap! I've been waiting for this. Must have slipped past my radar. $499 isn't bad. Are there any additional costs when you go get this done?

-Edit-
Called up the Revo headquarters since they are local to me. The CR150 tune is available in Europe but has not been officially tested and released in the US. They are still finishing up the TSI/GTI tunes and then they will begin testing. No estimated date. :(

S2 Dynamics in Rockville said that there is no additional labor cost to get this done unless the ECU is encrypted. If the ECU is encrypted and they need to take it out, its a $100 labor fee and takes about 30 minutes. If its not encrypted its just $499.

I contacted a dealer local to me who said it is available. I would be the first to get this tune - trying to decide if I want to be the guinea pig.

Sailor737

Ready to race!
I've been doing research on this and it sounds good but they don't have a DSG tune for it yet. That's why I'm trying to hold out for whenever Malone gets their tune out. Let us know if you get the revo tune. I'd still be interested in getting a review of it.

omgwtfxbbq1

I've had authorized dealers tell me that if its on the website they can get it. Nobody I called has actually done the tune on the mk7 tdi yet.

But I heard straight from Revo headquarters that though its on the website, its not released yet for the US. So while it looks like its available online, Revo apparently hasn't released it for the states yet. If thats the case, I'll wait for them to finish testing before I volunteer as tribute.

_Blade)

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

I'm in the process of going REVO on my 150CR TDI DSG. So far the discussion with my local rep has been around the DSG box.To tune or not to tune.For now it is not to tune because REVO has no DSG tune for DQ250 on MK7 platform.

Malone and other forums claim that the DQ250 DSG box is torque limited to 350NM/258lbft. On the other hand my REVO dealer assured me that he had tuned TDI DSG cars before and on their dyno it capped at 400NM-410NM. He gave me 1777bhp Passat and 140bhp Golf MK6 as an example and he briefly mentioned MK7 Golf. And if i do not believe him, i should get the tune and head over to his dyno.

Still not 100% sure who is wrong and who is right.

I'm still in the decission phase right now.