GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear window washer not working Golf 7

zcargo

Car(s)
Golf 7
Hi, Living in Sweden and new to the forum and since my VW dealer/repairshop has no useful info to give me i was hoping someone here can give me some good advice. Well they do and its costly....
I have a Golf mk 7 and in early november rear windshield washer quit but the washermotor runs when activated and since we at the time had temperatures below zero i parked my car for two days in my warm garage and checked the rear washer nozzle to be operating, but nothing. Thanks to some "how to" on youtube i dismantled lower part of inner fender LH in front to access washer motor. Washer motor provides fluid to both front and the rear windshield but in seperate washer hoses and the fitting facing car engine is for rear window. Removed that washer hose from pump and also in back at nozzle. Activating washer pump no problem and good pressure, but here is the weird thing. It is impossible to blow air through washer hose and i wonder how can it even be obstructed? So its not a leak but hose obstruction problem i have. Is this common on Golf and any ideas?
Thanks!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure there's anything you can really do other than disconnect the line in the hatch and try to force some air through.

I do agree it strange that something could be obstructing the lime. It would have have to be something that somehow got in the fluid tank.

zcargo

Car(s)
Golf 7
Finally, thanks for your reply. I will do some thorough work on car once i get it into my garage, have too much junk in there at the present i first have to deal with.