GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radar Unavailable Error

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
Hi All,

I own a 2017 MK7 Golf and have been having a lot of problems the past year with the front Radar. Earlier this year whilts I was driving in some rain I got an error on the dash that the ACC is Unavailable. Using OBDeleven I saw that I got the C110300 error (Sensor Misadjusted) I searched the forums and found a tutorial by @mr-fix that describes how to fix the error. I adjusted my radar and when I tried to reset the error using OBDeleven I get "Cancelled due to detected malfunction". After 4 month or so of driving the vehicle everyday and ignoring the error I decided to call my local dealer to set an appointment to have my sensor adjusted the correct way. I accepted and handed over the vehicle.

A few hours later I got the vehicle back and all was working fine and Cruise Control worked correctly for 2 months until this week when it started raining heavily again. I have made sure that the ACC Senor is secured in place. In OBDeleven I can see the Misagliment angles and I can see that Misagliment angle, horiz is 0.823 which is just out of the range of +-0.8 explained by @mr-fix. I adjusted the top left screw by a turn anticlockwise which would reduce the Misagliment angle, horiz angle to 0.323 (0.823 - 0.5) but after adjusting and using "Reset misalignment angle for sensor" I get "Cancelled due to detected malfunction" again. I called my dealer again. As expected they told me that I would need to have it calibrate again and I would need to pay.

Now my quetion is. Should I purchase VCDS and try to reset the error again or should I let the dealer handle it. My only concern would be the issue poping up again for the 3rd time. If I buy VCDS I would be able to reset it every time without paying the dealer.

Regards,
Clayton

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-11-14-18-18-67_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-11-14-18-18-67_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 43

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You need to check that its properly mounted in the three ball sockets....it might look ok but actually one mounting leg might be out of its socket...

The fact that its be reset & re calibrated & then it throws up the misalignment fault code proves its moved on its bracket...rough roads??

I did a thread on the Ross-Tech forum here:-

Post no.2 & in particular no.7

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/14359/#post-130056

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
I pushed on all 4 corners and it seems that it is in the right position. Yes we do have a lot of rough roads where I live so it could be the problem.

The other thing I cant understand is why can't I reset it using OBDEleven and what does "Cancelled due to detected malfunction" mean. I had the same error before I took it to my dealer the first time. So it is fixable.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I pushed on all 4 corners and it seems that it is in the right position. Yes we do have a lot of rough roads where I live so it could be the problem.

The other thing I cant understand is why can't I reset it using OBDEleven and what does "Cancelled due to detected malfunction" mean. I had the same error before I took it to my dealer the first time. So it is fixable.

If you read my (VAG-Dave) posts in that link the info is there.

In short:-..when you tell the unit to adapt you need to go on a drive, I did 20miles on straight -ish roads using the ACC.....if the unit is too far out of alignment & cannot adapt to its position then it will give the fault code you have & the ACC warning light will appear on the dash.

You need to closely & carefully check the unit is actually in...I pushed on all four corners & it appeared ok....but is was actually out on one of the ball sockets.

I don't have OBD11.....I only have VCDS

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
Hi All. Finally managed to clear the error with OBDeleven. All I did was park the car 1.2m from a wall and selected "Calibration of Adaptive Cruise Control" in basic settings. It worked immediately and the error went away. Works fine and detects a car from far away.