GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Racingline Stage 3 Monoblock BBK

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
A few mouse clicks away from finally pulling the trigger on a BBK for my 2019 Golf R.

Anyone here have experience with the Racingline Stage 3 Monoblock BBK? Reviews are few and far between. The most relevant I found was older (2018/2019) Revo BBK which seemed mixed.

I especially love the Anodized look but just want to make sure I am not settling for a "meh" BBK. I know most other Racingline products are top tier and their history.

Thanks!

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
The Racingline kit appears to be broadly the same as a Stoptech ST60 kit, albeit with a slightly different caliper. The pad shape and rotor size appears to be the same. You can usually find the ST60 kit for cheaper, but looking right now it seems they are around the same price. I would personally probably try to find an ST60 kit for a better price (think they can usually be had around 3200, seen them as low as 2600) but otherwise I would expect similar performance from this kit.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
The Racingline kit appears to be broadly the same as a Stoptech ST60 kit, albeit with a slightly different caliper. The pad shape and rotor size appears to be the same. You can usually find the ST60 kit for cheaper, but looking right now it seems they are around the same price. I would personally probably try to find an ST60 kit for a better price (think they can usually be had around 3200, seen them as low as 2600) but otherwise I would expect similar performance from this kit.
My list is down to either the Racingline (or now Stoptech ST60 kit as you pointed out) and the Brembo GT-M 350mm BBK.

Is one going to be worthy of getting over the other?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I found a good deal on a slightly used set of the Brembo 6 piston BBK. For around the same price of the Stoptech, is the Brembo worth it?
I don’t have any experience from that kit (my own BBK is the Macan Brembo calipers which are smaller) but I would expect it to be very high quality.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
I don’t have any experience from that kit (my own BBK is the Macan Brembo calipers which are smaller) but I would expect it to be very high quality.
Thanks. I know Brembo is considered high end but wasn't sure if they are just "OK" because of their name or if they live up to it for the right price