GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R questions for the discerning buyer......

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
OK, we dealer traded for an R a few days ago, I drove it twice, today I was showing it, no start, battery is dead. Jumped it, threw an EPC code and was in reduced power mode during the drive, we went and got coffee anyway....

Car is back in serv getting a battery and code cleared, here is my question.

Car has been on the ground for close to 300 days, it only has 100 mi on the odo, how many of you would be asking the dealer to swap the oil or ask for the first oil change gratis, as it will time out on the service meter in 60 days?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Car has been on the ground for close to 300 days, it only has 100 mi on the odo, how many of you would be asking the dealer to swap the oil or ask for the first oil change gratis, as it will time out on the service meter in 60 days?

I'd ask, but assuming I was getting a killer deal, wouldn't care and would just DIY it within the next 100 miles or so.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Personally, a vehicle sitting in dealer inventory close to 10 months is a lot of time. I would request fluid change before purchase. I will be changing the oil after first 1000 miles anyways.

Also 100 miles is a little more than what i would expect on a brand new vehicle. Most of my vehicles had less than 25 miles while i took delivery. Only exception was my current GTI which my dealer traded with a different one and the miles were clocked after i sealed the deal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I agree, I would just take it home and do the oil change as necessary. Does VW include break-in chemistry in the initial oil? If so maybe better not to change it just yet and go by milage.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
From my experience I would think they would just reset the thing. IIRC with MB they changed it to be reset at delivery, not just based off when the car was built or had gone through the VPC.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
OK, we dealer traded for an R a few days ago, I drove it twice, today I was showing it, no start, battery is dead. Jumped it, threw an EPC code and was in reduced power mode during the drive, we went and got coffee anyway....

Car is back in serv getting a battery and code cleared, here is my question.

Shouldn't have to ask to change the oil. The buyer most likely wouldn't even think of that. A quality dealership would just change the oil.