GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

pan roof auto close

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Dumb question, but is the rain sensor actively running at all time even with the car off? Obviously I'm going with, the only thing that would make this useful is if it can close the sunroof even if the car were off and it detected the rain.

Alfaguy

Ready to race!
I thought I read to have the auto close function for the sunroof and windows the car needed the sensor that automatically dimmed the headlights.
A guy in Canada mentioned about that module and windshield sensor

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I have that setting enabled on my GSW (2015 TDI Highline), I haven't fully tested the functionality because I don't often leave the sunroof open, but still - don't want to "test", then forget, then end up with soggy interior. But I feel like there have been at least a couple instances where I've noticed it up as it started to sprinkle outside, then had to grab the keys to remote-close the windows/sunroof (which yes - does work well).

With that said, there have been numerous times where I've gotten into the car and the sunshade that runs the full length of the pano roof will have closed up overnight. So, something is sensing something, even with the ignition off and car locked up, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯