GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Only one reverse light after DAP NA to EU 7.5 LED install? Look here for the fix.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Just an informational thread for anyone who might be experiencing the same issue after completing the stock NA rear lights to euro 7.5 LED rear lights conversion.

I, like many others, chose to do all the harness install myself and use the OBDEleven app to code the lights with one touch rather than do it manually.

The instructions state that if you do not plan on using the rear fog, to connect one of the green wires into port 6 (yada yada) and then code with the app.
However, the app by default codes for the rear fog.

This means that your reversing light will illuminate on the passenger side only, and not the driver side.

To fix this, boot up your OBDEleven app, connect to the car and do the following:
  • Open Control Units, and select 09 Central Electrics
  • Scroll down to the Security Access button and enter "31347" to get authorized
  • Next, find the Adaptation button and search/scroll until you find Leuchte28RFL LC11 (this controls that specific wire in the inner left tail)
  • To enable the reverse light, make sure this value is set to "Reuckfahrlicht" (reverse light), and not "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" (rear fog without a trailer attached) like mine was.
  • Enjoy having twin reverse lights!

I hope this can help someone at some point who may be having a similar issue to what I faced.
Let me know if there's anything else I can add to this, also.

Thanks!
Richard

CT GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you for this write up. I'm still waiting for my Taillights and harness from Shopdap. This will help if I have a issue
Just an informational thread for anyone who might be experiencing the same issue after completing the stock NA rear lights to euro 7.5 LED rear lights conversion.

I, like many others, chose to do all the harness install myself and use the OBDEleven app to code the lights with one touch rather than do it manually.

The instructions state that if you do not plan on using the rear fog, to connect one of the green wires into port 6 (yada yada) and then code with the app.
However, the app by default codes for the rear fog.

This means that your reversing light will illuminate on the passenger side only, and not the driver side.

To fix this, boot up your OBDEleven app, connect to the car and do the following:
  • Open Control Units, and select 09 Central Electrics
  • Scroll down to the Security Access button and enter "31347" to get authorized
  • Next, find the Adaptation button and search/scroll until you find Leuchte28RFL LC11 (this controls that specific wire in the inner left tail)
  • To enable the reverse light, make sure this value is set to "Reuckfahrlicht" (reverse light), and not "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" (rear fog without a trailer attached) like mine was.
  • Enjoy having twin reverse lights!

I hope this can help someone at some point who may be having a similar issue to what I faced.
Let me know if there's anything else I can add to this, also.

Thanks!
Richard

Thank you for this write up. I'm still waiting for my Taillights and harness from Shopdap. This will help if I have a issue

DipLowDolla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I had same issue.. Euro Golf R LED install with harness but didn’t do rear fog. Used ECS’s harness and their coding instructions. Had only one reverse and just let it be. But.. I’m due for PA State Inspection in a few days so... this worked perfect.

Thanks for taking the time to share!!

CT GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks RS. Work like a charm.

20210405_111845.jpg