GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to the Car scene...

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Zero toe in the rear can make the rear twitchy. Most prefer just a bit of toe-in to settle things down. Experiment with caution here.
Speaking from personnel experience with this platform of car? If combined with an oversized rear swaybar, and no other mods stiffing the front then, yes possibly twitchy...

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Speaking from personnel experience with this platform of car? If combined with an oversized rear swaybar, and no other mods stiffing the front then, yes possibly twitchy...

Yes- with and without. Also Mk.1, Mk.2, Mk.3, mid-engine RWD, front-mid-engine RWD, other FWD, all with and without. Many regional & divisional class championships, half a dozen Nationals, beaten many national champions. Your credentials?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
OP congrats on the car and welcome to the forums! They’re tons of knowledgeable people here and in your general area so plenty of support to diy mods and learn as you go.

Now that you’ve got proper tires I’d recommend a rear sway bar upgrade. H&R with Moog endlinks are my go to (you can’t be German quality, and no frills Moog Endlinks will out last unnecessarily expensive options out there).

24mm RSB will correct understeer and make a massive difference on turn in. The larger 26mm I use is a bit on the wild side and can result in oversteer when pushed, so driving style and preference needs to be considered here.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Now that you’ve got proper tires I’d recommend a rear sway bar upgrade. H&R with Moog endlinks are my go to (you can’t be German quality, and no frills Moog Endlinks will out last unnecessarily expensive options out there).

24mm RSB will correct understeer and make a massive difference on turn in. The larger 26mm I use is a bit on the wild side and can result in oversteer when pushed, so driving style and preference needs to be considered here.

RSB OP... Not sure why I didn't do it sooner.