GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New owner, ACC issues

Mintysport

Car(s)
Golf Tdi Bluemotion
Hi guys, new 2013 mk7 owner.
It's a tdi bluemotion with the ACC system.

But, despite loving everything else about the car after moving over from my B7 Audi A4, the one thing I cant live without is cruise control.

After starting the car, it will turn on fine and set a speed fine and react as normal, but after random times, 5 - 15 minutes, it will flag up the acc and front assist not available message, and wont work again until car is restarted.

I did a scan with vcds and it said something along the lines of acc sensor misadjusted.

Am I looking at getting fleeced by vw for a sensor alignment, or could I be praying for something else not quite so wallet draining?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Time for an ACC/DAP alignment. $$$

Mintysport

Car(s)
Golf Tdi Bluemotion
The thing is, i know the guy who owned the car before me and its never had a front end hit or had the bumper off, so how has it managed to become misaligned?

The other question is, once i get it realigned, can i then fit bigger wheels without the worry of having to do it again?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
As long as they're the same height, they'll be fine.

A rock, small animal, or even intercooler swap can throw off the alignment.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi guys, new 2013 mk7 owner.
It's a tdi bluemotion with the ACC system.

But, despite loving everything else about the car after moving over from my B7 Audi A4, the one thing I cant live without is cruise control.

After starting the car, it will turn on fine and set a speed fine and react as normal, but after random times, 5 - 15 minutes, it will flag up the acc and front assist not available message, and wont work again until car is restarted.

I did a scan with vcds and it said something along the lines of acc sensor misadjusted.

Am I looking at getting fleeced by vw for a sensor alignment, or could I be praying for something else not quite so wallet draining?

Give the sensor a wobble and make sure it's seated in the clips correctly; they can loosen over time.