GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member Introduction

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Hey Guys/Gals,

I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Andrew. I've been around for a while over on the vwvortex and golfmk6 as I purchased a 2010 Mk6 back in 2009. It was an amazing car but through a freak hail storm I ended up leasing a 2015 GLI. During this time the lady purchased a 2012 GTI 6-speed only for it to develop a random starting issue after 43k miles. Upon leaving her stranded four times over the course of a year, we decided enough was enough and got her a new GTI which is why I'm here...

Upon deciding she wanted a new car I was told that the only way she would buy a new GTI was if it was a 2016 SE manual with the performance package, lighting package, and DCC in red. Well the dealer pretty much laughed at me when I told them thats what she wanted. I was told I would have to order the car and it would take roughly 12-16 weeks to get. Turns out through some stroke of luck, the exact car became available in ATL this week. Dealer traded it to NC and worked out a deal.

Footnotes.

2016 GTI SE Manual
Performance Package
Lighting Package
DCC

Picking up my car at work on the way home.

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
Hey Guys/Gals,

I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Andrew. I've been around for a while over on the vwvortex and golfmk6 as I purchased a 2010 Mk6 back in 2009. It was an amazing car but through a freak hail storm I ended up leasing a 2015 GLI. During this time the lady purchased a 2012 GTI 6-speed only for it to develop a random starting issue after 43k miles. Upon leaving her stranded four times over the course of a year, we decided enough was enough and got her a new GTI which is why I'm here...

Upon deciding she wanted a new car I was told that the only way she would buy a new GTI was if it was a 2016 SE manual with the performance package, lighting package, and DCC in red. Well the dealer pretty much laughed at me when I told them thats what she wanted. I was told I would have to order the car and it would take roughly 12-16 weeks to get. Turns out through some stroke of luck, the exact car became available in ATL this week. Dealer traded it to NC and worked out a deal.

Footnotes.

2016 GTI SE Manual
Performance Package
Lighting Package
DCC

Picking up my car at work on the way home.
Looking good.

Out of curiosity, why would you get another GTI if the last one stranded you 4x in a single year? I love my GTI but if that happened to me, it would be the last Volkswagen anybody in my family ever owns!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Welcome.

True VW love keeps us going back. :)

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Looking good.

Out of curiosity, why would you get another GTI if the last one stranded you 4x in a single year? I love my GTI but if that happened to me, it would be the last Volkswagen anybody in my family ever owns!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I told her she could have any car she wanted... At the end of the day we both enjoy the luxury/sportiness of VW. Unfortunately, VW is one of the only brands that offers this combination in a 30k price range. So by process of elimination we ended up with a very nice GTI.

Also this is our 4th VW and only one of them ever gave us any trouble. Fool me once...

HXP

Ready to race!
Congrats

Looks good in that colour and sounds like a really good spec. Look forward to some photos in it's natural habitat ... meaning out in the scenery stopping off after a drive on a good road