GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2015 GTD Questions and Confirmations

JON1X303

I have just received my brand new VW Golf GTD and absolutely love it!
I have a few questions and confirmations which may help out :) This is my first post so hope it helps. First of all the confirmations:

Sport & Sound Package
I can confirm that this does come with Red Brake Calipers as well as the sound actuator which is part of an active exhaust system, picture attached below.

DieselGate
The engine within the vehicle is not effected by the recent diesel headlines.

Nav & Winter Pack
The standard kit now includes the new MIB II system which includes Nav as standard as well as Car-Net and App Connect. As of yet I have been unable to find a dealer to provide me with an activation key to unlock App Connect, the system is so new none of them know what they are doing. In the future however they should be able to add the function if it wasn't added as a spec. The winter pack is also now included as standard.

And now for the questions:

Mute
Is there a way to mute the audio from the steering wheel? In previous marks the 'Voice Control' button would mute the audio if this feature was not enabled. Now it presents a pop up confirming it is not enabled. Can this be changed through VCDS?

Dynamic Cornering Lights
I swear on the demo the Bi-Xenon lights moved around the corner when driving, not the static cornering lights but the ones that rotate up to 15° when moving at speeds in excess of 7mph but it doesnt seem to be working?

Going Back
Is there a way to 'go back' when in the phone menu on the multifunction display? Example, when on the phone window, pressing up or down brings up the recent calls, is there a button to return to the phone screen without going to another tab and then back again?

Attachments

• 9492877399_0aec10c3c7_b.jpg
    9492877399_0aec10c3c7_b.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 607
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 574
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 590

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum.
Nice car..

Unless you specced App Connect as the £100 option or have the Discover Nav Pro (II) then it won't activate.

There is talk of activation may be possible via dealers in the future.

A quick way to confirm if you have Dynamic Cornering Lights is to put the car up against a wall / garage door switch the ignition/ lights on and Bi-Xenons will do their normal levelling dance.
Both left and right jiggle rather than just up and down..

phope1

Ready to race!
I've also a funny feeling the dynamic cornering lights don't function when the car is in eco-mode for some reason

JON1X303

Welcome to the forum.
Nice car..

Unless you specced App Connect as the £100 option or have the Discover Nav Pro (II) then it won't activate.

There is talk of activation may be possible via dealers in the future.

A quick way to confirm if you have Dynamic Cornering Lights is to put the car up against a wall / garage door switch the ignition/ lights on and Bi-Xenons will do their normal levelling dance.
Both left and right jiggle rather than just up and down..

Thank you very much, I am very pleased with her and now racking my brains for an appropriate name :p . I hope there is but VW don't seem to have a clue about it at the moment.

I will give that a try, thank you. I was under the impression however that these were standard, if not was there an option to add them?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I had the impression that Dynamic Cornering lights are standard with the full Bi-Xenon headlights wth LED DRLs. They are on mine.

I would imagine trying to add that function would be price prohibitive what with projector motors, sensors etc etc

JON1X303

Ok so as part of a continued search and inspiration from the above I can confirm that mine does have the dynamic cornering headlights and they are standard.
You can test this by turning your lights from 'auto' to on, get someone to start the car for you and look at the lights. When they come on they rotate up, then down, then do a quick flick to the side.
Example here - http://youtu.be/um-7zazGRAQ
Thanks guys and to the form :)
Any thoughts on the mute anyone?

J400uk

Ready to race!
When I press the voice control button in mine it brings up that message you mention but also mutes the audio. Maybe they've changed how it behaves post-BW22?

The White looks superb by the way, very smart indeed!

JON1X303

When I press the voice control button in mine it brings up that message you mention but also mutes the audio. Maybe they've changed how it behaves post-BW22?

The White looks superb by the way, very smart indeed!

Yeah in the MY2015 I had it did the same, but with the MIB II audio it seems to not do that and just post an annoying message. If anyone has any advice it would be most appreciated as its doing my head in!