GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with aftermarket to Stock conversion

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Just do what everyone else does in Cali and just throw the stock parts all back on for the smog test every 2 years and run whatever you want. Theres only like 2 CARB exempt intakes

Mk6dad

Just do what everyone else does in Cali and just throw the stock parts all back on for the smog test every 2 years and run whatever you want. Theres only like 2 CARB exempt intakes

Yeah I was trying to source the stock parts but ultimately decided to take a chance on the afe. It’s not bad for what it is. Just think their are better options out there. My mechanic abilities are limited too.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
So you have the afe installed? I'd still be willing to trade the intakes, since I could return my new AEM one and save $230. My airboxes are both CBFA - that means they have the secondary air injection port that was required in all cars sold in California. I don't know how much you paid for yours but I'd still be willing to swap. And since mine is a spare I could send it to you before you send me yours, so you don't have to stop driving your car.

Here's the throttle pipe. You'll notice the one not in the car is damaged - that's the one from my parts car. I just wanted to show you what you're looking for. The one in the car is fully intact and I'd supply all the proper clamps from the throttle body down to the intercooler.
IMG_20200406_150451.jpgIMG_20200406_150507.jpgIMG_20200406_150519.jpg
This is the CARB compliant CBFA airbox. I could send all the tubes, fittings, and clamps down to the turbo. Pic 3 is a piece that goes in front of the intake and directs air from the grill into the airbox. Now, I never ran this on my car and it was perfectly fine, but it came with my parts car, so I could include it.
IMG_20200406_150229.jpgIMG_20200406_150344.jpgIMG_20200406_150652.jpg
Last but not least here's two pics of the DV. Took them just in case
IMG_20200406_151304.jpgIMG_20200406_151307.jpg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yes I am okay with it. I am actually looking at either the neuspeed charge pipe or just a plug.

Does your oem part have the noise pipe? I don’t even think the 2014 had the noise pipe.

Just FYI...the plugs can work, BUT can also blow off (from the boost pressure) and then dent the hood/cause damage.
I'd just get a proper charge pipe, either OEM or aftermarket

Yeah just the 2010's (and the MK5's) had the noise pipe...2011+ had the electric soundaktor (speaker)

martinoermand

Just bought a gti with some aftermarket parts. Second time buying a 2014 gti candy white! Love the car but was wondering what this part is since the last car was stock. Looking to take out this bov and replace it with the stock part. No one seems to know what part comes after the boost pipe. A photo of the stock part would be extremely helpful.

also got an afe power intake installed carb E.o instead of the $1k stock part eekkk.
reverse image search email checker port checker
thanks in advanced community!
-mk6dad
View attachment 169153
If you need any stock parts lmk. I'm modding one of my GTIs and I'm parting out another, so between the two I probably have what you need. I'm also willing to sell cheap cause I spent $6k buying and transporting the parts car, plus rebuilding my other car, so anything I get is a plus (y) I'm in New England if you wanted to do local, too.

Last edited: