GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mwoodski's 2017 GSW 4mo

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Took a little time yesterday and gave the metal portions of the intake a quick refresh with some chassis satin black.

1680486110073.png

1680486125060.png

Gonna pick up a filter at some point in the future, need to focus on getting the rest of the suspension components first.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
i really like the caractere front lip but holy heck do i not like the additional black plastic bits that wrap up and around the factory openings in the bumper. my world for a version without those.

1680707651893.png

for that reason i really think im going to go with a zhong zhong version of the ABT lip. and maybe the grille too?? it's quickly warming up to me

1680707776595.png

Last edited:

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
why not look for an R bumper instead of getting a lip then? You’d have to get it paint matched ofc, but half measures cost more long term
it'll eventually get a full R conversion, the knockoff ABT lip for this year is cheap and I can get it painted for very cheap so it's just an interim thing that'll match the skirts.

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Picked up a Scan x Narita Dog Fight wide angle rear view mirror. I prefer these over the standard mirrors in all of my cars. They just clip over the stock one and offer a look and function I prefer. Got the blue tint so I don't need to have my mirror permanently in the up position due to modern cars having weapons grade floodlights for headlights.

View attachment 276293

View attachment 276294
Any remarks/review? I wanna grab one, my 2door has some annoying blindspots that people love to linger in

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Nice, thank you. Is the installation just clip on for yours?
yep!! just hooks over the stock housing. The bottom ones are spring loaded to keep it tight

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Going in a slightly different direction for the strut mounts. Originally was going to put the 034Motorsport Dynamic+ Camber Mounts on, but they're $400 and OEM strut mounts cost me $30/ea and will work just fine.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
ordered a filter for my intake and a racingline magnetic oil drain plug from a local tuner shop today.

got that sweet discount bc they buy stuff from us.