GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mwoodski's 2017 GSW 4mo

tigeo

Autocross Champion
part of the 2024 transformation is going to be converting the front and rear into a golf r wagon replica.

today i ordered all the frivolous bullshit needed for the front cover.

so the towhook cover, washer squirter covers, everything for the side grilles, the main lower grille, the lower spoiler etc from our VW dealer. next phase will be the front cover itself, and then the three brushed aluminum trim pieces that at my price are $360 for the three of them instead of someone making black plastic versions smh.
On my to-do list this winter....just need to hit the dealer and order it all. Guy on Ebay had knock-off kits for $750 but they are all gone.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
e-acca tried to hit me with an additional $700 in shipping so uhhhh, i canceled that for now lol.
Same! when I was originally ordering the TTRS calipers new the shipping, at the last minute, was STUPID expensive....they sent me an email to let me know....almost like a bait/switch....and I canceled on the spot

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I just ordered the Tiguan/T-Roc subframe aero shield recently from e-acca, shipping was $40 which was quite expensive. I've noticed they seem to have made some changes w/r to shipping, used to be dirt cheap!

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
yeah its extremely frustrating. if i could find someone who works in europe at a VW dealer to get me the parts and ship them cheaply that seems about the best way now lol.

like i can get the diffuser element on ebay, that's no problem.

its the rear cover that will elude me.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Same! when I was originally ordering the TTRS calipers new the shipping, at the last minute, was STUPID expensive....they sent me an email to let me know....almost like a bait/switch....and I canceled on the spot
did the money return to your cc or does it stay in the website as your "balance" after you canceled?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
did the money return to your cc or does it stay in the website as your "balance" after you canceled?
they credited it back to me, but took a minute....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
yeah its extremely frustrating. if i could find someone who works in europe at a VW dealer to get me the parts and ship them cheaply that seems about the best way now lol.

like i can get the diffuser element on ebay, that's no problem.

its the rear cover that will elude me.

Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to get? Aren't you just getting the R bumper cover, and if so, why can't you just order it in the US?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to get? Aren't you just getting the R bumper cover, and if so, why can't you just order it in the US?
Wagon rears are different i think

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
we dont get the golf r wagon here, so i cannot get it from the us as its not orderable bc its out of market.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
we dont get the golf r wagon here, so i cannot get it from the us as its not orderable bc its out of market.
I think he was asking why not just order a non-wagon Golf R bumper