GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek " valved" cat-back Exhaust ( non resonated) (SSXVW259)

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
Hello guys.

Has anyone installed one of these exhaust and is it any good please? Im just looking for a bit more noise and this is the one ive seen. Any info would be much appreciated thanks 👍

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Hello guys.

Has anyone installed one of these exhaust and is it any good please? Im just looking for a bit more noise and this is the one ive seen. Any info would be much appreciated thanks 👍

I have the Milltek 3" Cat Back, Valved Non-resonated, put it on a few months ago.

What is it you’re looking for?

IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_2740.jpeg

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello guys.

Milltek has a pretty good rep, and you will def et a bit more noise.

There are quite a few valved exhaust, and this is def one of the more popular. As long as you stick to the more reputable brands, you will be fine.

Good luck!

josh

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R

There are quite a few valved exhaust, and this is def one of the more popular. As long as you stick to the more reputable brands, you will be fine.

Good luck!

josh
Thanks josh, yeah ill go with milltek i think

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R

Good luck!

josh
Hi josh....does the 3" diameter new tips fit ok and look ok, You dont need to alter anything?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Hi josh....does the 3" diameter new tips fit ok and look ok, You dont need to alter anything?

I'm not Josh, but I initially went with the oval tips on my exhaust. I quickly swapped them for the titanium round 100mm tips, and like them a lot better. There was zero modifications needed for either tip, just a little bit of adjustments to get them looking good.

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
Thank you KRS sorry about the name....i will wait till its installed then have a look at the tips, did the ovel ones not look good in your opinion?? I cant wait till its here and on the car, the car has a resonator delete at the minute and sounds good in race mode, i hope i get more from the milltek .

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
The oval didn’t look bad, just not what I was looking for. I thought I’d initially like the oval, but started to eye the brushed look of the titanium tips. The round weren’t too big, but still not 100% sold on them either.

The second pic has round on the left, oval on the right.

IMG_3743.jpeg

IMG_3744.jpeg

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
See i like the ovel ones, thank you for that photo as its gave me the look now. Cant wait now, milktek contacted me today to say the order should be shipped soon.

Reactions: krs

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
I meant to ask Krs, im getting the " valved" one im guessing its just a straight replacement? I dont need to remove anything from the stock exhaust regarding the valves.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I meant to ask Krs, im getting the " valved" one im guessing its just a straight replacement? I dont need to remove anything from the stock exhaust regarding the valves.

As was mentioned, the OEM actuators need to be swapped over, however the Milltek will come with new springs to go between the actuators and the valves.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-12 at 18.35.40.jpg