GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB 2 and playlists

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Just picked up my new GTI PP DSG today and although the interior is familiar from my previous 2014 GTI PP manual the car is a blast.

Have been messing about with the new MIB 2 and compared to previous generation it is a step forward however I can't get my head around it with the Media player and playlists. Basically I have used the same SD card from my previous GTI into the new one and my playlists don't work. When I try to start a playlist, the infotainments cycles through all the titles in the playlist as if the songs are missing and it does not play any of them. If I play the songs separate from their folders they work no problem. The playlists are in m3u format and as I said they worked ok on MIB 1 from my old GTI and also they play ok on my laptop.

I have been reading the manual as well but no joy. In the MIB 2 manual it says it plays M3U, PLS, WPL, etc formats however it doesn't seem to like my M3U playlists.

Has anyone had the same issues or am I doing something wrong?

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up my new GTI PP DSG today and although the interior is familiar from my previous 2014 GTI PP manual the car is a blast.

Have been messing about with the new MIB 2 and compared to previous generation it is a step forward however I can't get my head around it with the Media player and playlists. Basically I have used the same SD card from my previous GTI into the new one and my playlists don't work. When I try to start a playlist, the infotainments cycles through all the titles in the playlist as if the songs are missing and it does not play any of them. If I play the songs separate from their folders they work no problem. The playlists are in m3u format and as I said they worked ok on MIB 1 from my old GTI and also they play ok on my laptop.

I have been reading the manual as well but no joy. In the MIB 2 manual it says it plays M3U, PLS, WPL, etc formats however it doesn't seem to like my M3U playlists.

Has anyone had the same issues or am I doing something wrong?

I have had no trouble playing my playlists, but you might want to try wiping the SD card and recopying your playlists to it? I am using Export for iTunes, which seems to work quite well.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
I have cracked it. The MIB 2 seems to like this format for the song path:

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:630,AC DC - High Voltage (Donington Live)
..\Rock\AC DC\AcDc - 1992 - Live At Donington\AC DC - High Voltage (Donington Live).mp3

It needs the 2 dots at the beginning of the part of each song.