GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB 2.5 upgrade , lost Conv.consumers

goni

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all, i retrofitted a hacked mib2.5 unit with 9.2 screen . Everything works well expect of Conv.consumers . The option is there but the list is always empty . It shows on virtual cockpit but not in MIB , anyone can help with coding or what the issue is .thank you

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
When I get home tonight I'll post an ad-map of my infotainment. It's MIB 2.5 and my convenience consumers page works.

I'll post my BCM and Gateway as well, although those are probably coded right if it works in your dash.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
This is where I would look first though, in 5F Infotainment. The first set of 6 channels gives you the menu, these are probably good. The second set of 2 tells the MIB where to "look" for that information. Your problem might be in these two.

ENG122227-ENG117666-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE activated
ENG122227-ENG117670-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE_after_disclaimer not activated
ENG122227-ENG117667-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE_clamp_15_off not activated
ENG122227-ENG117668-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE_over_threshold_high activated
ENG122227-ENG117669-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE_standstill not activated

ENG122229-ENG117758-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-BCmE_0x23 activated
ENG122229-ENG117759-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-BCmE_0x23_msg_bus Infotainment data bus

Links to ad-maps is below. They open kind of weird, but once that tab opens there should be a download button to get the csv.
Ad-map 09 - Central Electronics
Ad-map 5F - Infotainment
Ad-map 19 - Gateway

goni

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, the ones you wrote here are exactly the same as i have too, any idea where else to look?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Interesting... If it was working before the MIB 2.5 then there is probably one coding or adaptation that needs to be changed.

If you have your adaptation maps in CSV format you can open mine and yours in Notepad++ or WinMerge. It will show them side by side and highlight the differences. You can compare line by line and try changing anything that looks interesting.

Just make sure you record each thing you change as you try it so you can always go back, don't want to break anything that is working. Been there, done that 🤦🏿‍♂️.

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Hacked units are not coded to VIN accordingly.
Yours came out of the car that didnt have it.
So you need proper coding.
Convenience consumers are coded via dataset.
Not something that VCDS or OBD11 can do.
You need Vas5054a and ODIS for that.