GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Caliper issues - Fixed

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
What’s up everyone?

Been taking a little break from the car stuff as I’ve been dealing with a few personal and financial things.

I installed my Chinese Macans a while back. Followed the guide and used the red rubber grease. I’ve bled them like 15 times and the car stops like a car, can’t really tell if it’s better or worse tbh.

The issues I’m facing:

1) when braking hard from really high speeds, the brakes vibrate a bunch and don’t feel as quick to bring me to a stop. I looked at the rotor and there are some interesting wear marks on them.

2) when coming to a quick complete stop, there is a sort of low pitch squeak that occurs. Not sure if I need more grease or if that’s just an oem macan pad issue.

All parts were new when installed

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Are you sure it's not just ABS engaging?
Light doesn’t kick on, I might just need someone to drive my jalopy to let me know.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Chinese Macans
1708581820674.gif

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7

scrllock

Autocross Champion
What’s up everyone?

Been taking a little break from the car stuff as I’ve been dealing with a few personal and financial things.

I installed my Chinese Macans a while back. Followed the guide and used the red rubber grease. I’ve bled them like 15 times and the car stops like a car, can’t really tell if it’s better or worse tbh.

The issues I’m facing:

1) when braking hard from really high speeds, the brakes vibrate a bunch and don’t feel as quick to bring me to a stop. I looked at the rotor and there are some interesting wear marks on them.

2) when coming to a quick complete stop, there is a sort of low pitch squeak that occurs. Not sure if I need more grease or if that’s just an oem macan pad issue.

All parts were new when installed
1. sounds like pad judder. did you use fresh rotors? you'll need to get the old material off.

2. that's normal, try using grease where the pins and backing plates make contact.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
1. sounds like pad judder. did you use fresh rotors? you'll need to get the old material off.

2. that's normal, try using grease where the pins and backing plates make contact.
Fresh rotors and pads. Maybe they need to be bed a bit better than they were?