GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's now April 2014. When does the US get the MK7???

JoeDemo

Passed Driver's Ed
brilliant advice!

never even thought about this. geez.

i usually skip athens and fly into my home island from london. still, i may make a trip out to athens for a look.

thanks joedemo.

Sure thing! Im extremely envious you get to spend your summers in Greece!
Wish i could spend mine in Bari, Italy with my family :(
Maybe in a couple years.

How bout that earthquake eh? I barley felt it (Costa Mesa)

Good luck with the test drives. I am going with a GTI PP by end of year! :D

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
don't mess with texas! :D

hey vw-tx. yes, i have already extended my lease. they allow up to 6 months. that gets me to august or so.

thanks for the tip though.

ps i am wanted in only one county; fort stockton, texas. i 'blew-up' the women's toilet back in 1989 in a pizza hut i believe. the men's was out of order. we got out fast, w/out our pizza. never been back. i'm wondering if my pic is still up in the sheriff's office...

LOL!!!

jjm51

Ready to race!
Sure thing! Im extremely envious you get to spend your summers in Greece!
Wish i could spend mine in Bari, Italy with my family :(
Maybe in a couple years.

How bout that earthquake eh? I barley felt it (Costa Mesa)

Good luck with the test drives. I am going with a GTI PP by end of year! :D

hey joedemo-

bari...been thru several times. i have driven down the coast to brindisi to catch the ferries to greece. it's almost exactly across from where the island that my dad comes from. bari is a tough city man. kind of the 'napoli' of the east coast of italy. lot of mafioso i hear. you 'connected' over there? :cool:

hope you get there soon. italy is amazing. i used to take my students every spring break.

also, got very lucky to see senna and prost up at monza in 1990. i knew nothing of F1 at the time. what a amazing experience. cars were going so fast it looked fake. only years later did i realize i was watching the equivalent of magic johnson and larry bird going at it in their prime. maybe even better.

yup. pretty mild earthquake last friday night. i felt it. (redondo beach) was mellow, but a bit long.

me too on the gti pp. about 99% certain. :D

jjm51

Ready to race!
texas

yeah. what a trip that was...

me and 2 buddies decided to drive to galveston from los angeles to meet-up with another pal. (young and dumb.) we drove straight thru. each taking turns. doing at least 80mph the whole way.

got thru ca, arizona, NM, hit el paso! after 12 hours of straight driving. we were all yeah! we made it. 13 hours later we limped into galveston completely exhausted/spent.

i think if you want to get visited by a alien or drop off a dead body, west texas is the place. good god that part is barren and flat. the 10 just went for miles and miles. freaky really. california is a big, but texas is something else.

the fort stockton deal did happen. my poor buddies were in line to order pizza and i told them 'we got to get out of here, NOW!' i don't know what the hell i did to that women's toilet, but it was a full-on catastrophe. worst part was there was a few women waiting to use it after me...i just mumbled something about just washing my hands and the toilet was already broken by somebody else. :eek:

i still bring-up that story whenever i meet a texan. maybe someday it will reach 'urban legend' status. lol

i tried to get my buddies to hit lubbock. too far north for us. lots of great things about texas. i LOVE buddy holly. wanted to see his statue. i just heard this this morning; thought i'd post it to you;

http://youtu.be/MhQr-t4kwPc