GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intro - CSG MK7 GTI PP

gregv

Hi All, just wanted to say a quick hello and share some pics of my CSG GTI, 6speed, 3 door, performance pack. Had it for just over 3 weeks now and loving it!

:D:D:D:D:D

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Congrats, looks great in 3dr

gregv

It looks great, congrats!
Btw, how come your rear lights aren't LEDs? I thought it was standard on the GTI/GTD.

Everyone asks that :)

The rear LEDs are an option in the Italian market. I had originally spec'd them but then decided I liked the regular ones better. Plus it helps the sleeper factor I was going for. I love surprising the hell out of BMWs and Mercs :D

VW's a bit weird with these things. In some places you can't get 19" wheels with a sunroof, some markets have 17" wheels, others can get heated cloth seats, we can't. Can't get a performance pack with DSG here either which is really interesting.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Everyone asks that :)

The rear LEDs are an option in the Italian market. I had originally spec'd them but then decided I liked the regular ones better. Plus it helps the sleeper factor I was going for. I love surprising the hell out of BMWs and Mercs :D

VW's a bit weird with these things. In some places you can't get 19" wheels with a sunroof, some markets have 17" wheels, others can get heated cloth seats, we can't. Can't get a performance pack with DSG here either which is really interesting.
I wonder what the logic of a world car that is different in every market, even in neighbouring European countries. The 17" wheel are standard on the GTi in Switzerland.

My conclusion s that it is to prevent inter-country trading and protect each country's home market. All a bit sad really and another point against the EU... :D

caravaggio

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, VW are quite special about what they make available in each country. In Germany there's a plethora of colours to choose from, why can't other countries get green for instance?

gregv

I wonder what the logic of a world car that is different in every market, even in neighbouring European countries. The 17" wheel are standard on the GTi in Switzerland.

My conclusion s that it is to prevent inter-country trading and protect each country's home market. All a bit sad really and another point against the EU... :D

Not that ANY car is ever sold in Switzerland that's not fully loaded anyway. Your car is a good example :p

I got lucky in that everything I wanted was available in my market. This includes the "down graded" tail lights. Got my manual, got my CSG, got my DCC, got my mirror pack, Perf Pack, keyless, got my dab+ and DynAudio. Life is good :D

Heck, I just wish we could get the sweet 18" wheels from the GTD :(

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Not that ANY car is ever sold in Switzerland that's not fully loaded anyway. Your car is a good example :p

I got lucky in that everything I wanted was available in my market. This includes the "down graded" tail lights. Got my manual, got my CSG, got my DCC, got my mirror pack, Perf Pack, keyless, got my dab+ and DynAudio. Life is good :D

Heck, I just wish we could get the sweet 18" wheels from the GTD :(

'Tis true. Even Fords have to be fully spec'ed for the Swiss market, otherwise they are a turkey to sell second hand. (I don't have leather, electric seats nor sunroof, otherwise I took all I could get.)

Interesting you have DAB+ in Italy too. My last Polo had DAB, but the Swiss stopped using it last year and went to DAB+ (we always want highest Spec :cool:)

DAB+ radio is backwards compatible and I don't understand why VW (and all other manufacturers) don't supply it as standard. A UK car in Switzerland or Italy can't get DAB+. It is also a stronger signal and quicker to change channels than DAB...