GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

intercooler question

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
I went FMIC, neuspeed is38 with no problems.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Oh, I thought you said you were going IS38. Unitronic would be fine. I just feel the larger sized units are better if you are going up a turbo, hybrid, example. The unitronic is probably fine as well, I just figure if you are doing all that work, just do it once!

I am going to go is38 just not yet

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
No, very easy install. Pretty straight forward with install instructions. No surprises. I run the is38 version for gti w/ is38 and ED tune.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Hey, has anyone weighed the stock GTI intercooler or any of the popular aftermarket ones? I'm particularly interested in IE, but the others are of interest as well. Thank you. :)

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
No, very easy install. Pretty straight forward with install instructions. No surprises. I run the is38 version for gti w/ is38 and ED tune.

Like this intercooler. So did you pull the old core out of there? That would bug me leaving something in there that's just adding weight.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Like this intercooler. So did you pull the old core out of there? That would bug me leaving something in there that's just adding weight.

I thought they worked in tandem, or is that only the Forge?

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
They don't work in tandem.

I left it in there if for some odd reason I return the car to stock. Neuspeed supplied some end caps to keep the oem ic closed.

bpw

Ready to race!
im assuming too the intercooler isn't all the noticeable with the direct replacement compared to FMIC?

No its not, if you know what you're looking for you can barely see the Unitronic wording on the side of it. Looks really cool once you see it.