GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed BFI stage 1 mounts

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Just wanted to post a quick review. Installed the BFI stage 1 mounts instead of stage 2 because I have a kid already and 1 on the way plus it's my daily driver. With that being said, initial vibrations were more than expected, but after a week of driving they already calmed down a ton.

Engine slop has been calmed down a good amount and I do think feel all the engine rock on shifts. All in all I'm happy with the purchase, especially because I got them on sale last year and just finally got around to installing them.

Installation wasn't too bad, but instructions could be a little more useful than just saying remove this or remove that.

Passenger side was a breeze. Just move the coolant overflow tank out of the way and swap the mounts.. while the engine is supported of course.

Comparison

Installed

Need to remove airborne, battery and tray, ecu, and wires to remove the driver side. Considerably more time.

I took a video of my first dyno that showed the engine, so I will try to take a video of my next dyno and see if you can notice the difference in engine movement.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I'm happy with the BFI stage 2 mounts. After a few days it certainly got a bit quieter upon startup. At first it was really loud at cold start, but only then. I took the insert out they came with, as it would appear a new subframe is in my near future anyways. I will put an 034 insert in after that. They definitely changed the car for the better.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya I already have an 034 insert so the BFI one is on my shelf in the garage.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I have stage 1 and I don't have any vibrations at all. However, I feel like there is more slop now.

When I installed the passenger side I could feel it being better. But, after installing the driver side is when the slop came into play. I torqued all the bolts to the specs they gave in the instructions too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Stage 1 mounts have been in my car for around a year. They wore out faster than stock. The biggest issue is the trans mount is only an insert the majority of the mount is still OE rubber(I bought the complete replacement). Instead of wasting money on a second set I'm waiting for the VWR mounts.

I have the VWR uprated torque arm as well.