GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

in the market for a xbox 360 kinect vs ps3 move

nate122

Go Kart Champion
hey all. my dads birthday just passed and i was planning on getting him a gaming system. I've read reviews online but I just wanted to see it from a consumers perspective. My dad just wants to stream movies, use it as a browser, and occasional gaming.

I was looking at both the 360 and the ps3. can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of these systems?

My dad already has a blu-ray player.

Also, does the xbox still have that ridiculous red ring?

Thanks again guys. your input would be greatly appreciated.

ps3 is marketing the move as if it were a wii. xbox 360 is marketing kinect as if it were the PSeye. This leaves me very confused

AdvanSuper

Banned
The new slim 360's haven't been out long enough to know if the get the RROD. The 360 also doesn't have a browser and the PS3 has an easy streaming setup which can be done through this http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ .

It all comes down to what the buyer wants. They are both good systems and are basically neck and neck when it comes to performance, the PS3 seems to pack a tad bit more graphics wise.

honestly, it comes down to what YOU want. Want a gaming system that doubles as a bluray player?(what convinced me to get ps3) Want a gaming system that fought all odds jumping into the fight during the ps2 and has some of the best exclusives out there? Want free online multiplayer or subscription multiplayer with dozens of included perks?

What the two boil down to me are: multimedia center that also plays games vs gaming system that also does multimedia.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
from a technology point of view the kinect is superior to move. that said move is really a pretty cool combination of a motion controller and a camera. does it's job pretty well based off the demos I've played.

nate122

Go Kart Champion
would you guys say its worth the live subscription? vs the online free game play from ps3?
I'm going to pull the trigger later today.

also. is the hard drive expandable? i know the new ones are either 4 gb or 250..

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
pft I hate my 360. PSN is free & almost vacant of idiot racial sluring kids.....

Kinect sucks balls & is aimed at families.
If your a gamer get the move, its way more accurate & fun to play (and you dont look like a douche flailing around like a fish...)

Also, I got a 320gb hd for my ps3 for like 40$

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
I have Kinect and my roommate has Move. Move & PS3 is way better imo.