GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to attach back door trim to door cards?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I bought the gloss black door trim. I removed my old brushed aluminum ones using a drill on the rivets and attached the new ones with hot glue, but it didn't hold up...

1667465096567.png

What's the best way to attach them back to the door card? @Cuzoe maybe you know?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Mine are not installed in the car yet, but I intend to use an epoxy of some type. Not sure exactly which one yet. I need to do some light research, I don't want to be messing around in those door cards again (which I've now told myself at least five times 🤦🏿‍♂️).

My plan was to use hot glue to secure the light bars though. Maybe I need to rethink that. Or see if there are different specs for hot glue 🤔.

Last edited:

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Hot glue collapsed after some hot days... hence why I'm looking for another material. If you have a nice expoy to recommend lmk...
Mine are not installed in the car yet, but I intend to use an epoxy of some type. Not sure exactly which one yet. I need to do some flight research, I don't want to be messing around in those door cards again (which I've now told myself at least five times 🤦🏿‍♂️).

My plan was to use hot glue to secure the light bars though. Maybe I need to rethink that. Or see if there are different specs for hot glue 🤔.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
Hot glue collapsed after some hot days... hence why I'm looking for another material. If you have a nice expoy to recommend lmk...
When I did the park assist sensors on my front and rear bumpers, my parts guy recommended this stuff. It hardens extremely well but remains flexible. The kit comes with the torturous path mixing tube. Get a couple more of those to avoid having to mix it by hand. It does not work well when mixed by hand. Ask me how how I know.

https://www.wurthusa.com/Chemical-P...BGSjra5Q2qXCmGGp9CIDes6p7PWPNAdxoCxIEQAvD_BwE

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
@Cuzoe its no joke. The ‘nice’ part is that it’s sandable. Seems better than JBWeld, though. Just gotta be ready to go once you start using it.