GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Me Assess and Prep a Used IS20

Belthasar

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GSW 4Mo 6MT
I snagged a low mileage L revision IS20 from a GTI from a guy who said it was removed from his 2017 GTI at around 8000 miles. Not sure when I'll be installing it, but I was taking a close look and was wondering what should be done to prep it and if anything here needs to be cleaned out. It appears as though it was kept in a garage with the ports unplugged, as there's some minor surface rust inside the hot side:
IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

I was also taking a close look at the ports. Do these need to be cleaned up before the coolant and oil lines are reinstalled (with new o rings of course)? If so, what's the best way to do so? Emery cloth?

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg
IMG_6314.jpg

Also, quite strangely, there are a few scuffs on the inside of the cool side. Normal?

IMG_6319.jpg

Am I also to assume that the downpipe flange gasket is in good enough condition to reuse?

IMG_6320.jpg

The shaft has no back and forth play and the wheel spins freely. Since this was likely sitting on a shelf for a few years, should I do anything to flush the oil and coolant lines? School me on best practices here.

Thanks in advance!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Install and send it. Nothing is needed here. You're welcome in arrears.