GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R beeping sound when breaking

anwar.azher

Hi All,

Took the car in to the dealer today to sort out a squeeking noise from the doors (fixed after lubricating seals). I also raised an issue with paino finish around the driving mode button next to the gear which was coming undone. I believe they took the entire centre console off and replaced it.

Anyways picked the car up this evening as the dealer was closing and a strange beeping noise came on as soon as i braked when leaving the drive way. I then drove out and the beeping noise came back on when i braked to stop at an intersection. It is now driving me insane and was hoping someone could tell me why this is happening and what it could be? I have to wait until monday to take it back to get looked at.

The beep lasts for about 1-2 seconds (1 beep only) and comes on after braking and the speed going below 10kms an hour. It sounds like its coming from the back of the car.

Any idea what this is anyone?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
Breaking and braking are two entirely different things my friend, you might want to edit as people will think you car is breaking as opposed to you braking to come to a stop.

Do you have parking assistance? Mine occasionally comes on for no reason at all. But it's at all types of speeds and conditions though, not like you described.

anwar.azher

Breaking and braking are two entirely different things my friend, you might want to edit as people will think you car is breaking as opposed to you braking to come to a stop.

Do you have parking assistance? Mine occasionally comes on for no reason at all. But it's at all types of speeds and conditions though, not like you described.
Apologies silly spelling mistake, yes " braking ".

Yes i have parking assist but no idea why the rear sensors would be going off? I do not get any warning, just the beep

Rebecca Hills

Hi All,

Took the car in to the dealer today to sort out a squeeking noise from the doors (fixed after lubricating seals). I also raised an issue with paino finish around the driving mode button next to the gear which was coming undone. I believe they took the entire centre console off and replaced it.

Anyways picked the car up this evening as the dealer was closing and a strange beeping noise came on as soon as i braked when leaving the drive way. I then drove out and the beeping noise came back on when i braked to stop at an intersection. It is now driving me insane and was hoping someone could tell me why this is happening and what it could be? I have to wait until monday to take it back to get looked at.

The beep lasts for about 1-2 seconds (1 beep only) and comes on after braking and the speed going below 10kms an hour. It sounds like its coming from the back of the car.

Any idea what this is anyone?

I have asked the guys from my tuning shop regarding that issue.I definitely forgot the exact term, but they said it could be something related with the fuel pump running a diagnostic scan. And it is not a really horrible thing

GeoBog

Ready to race!
That is BS. The beeping comes on when the brake fluid level is low. When you brake, the level goes down below the lower limit hence the beeps.

anwar.azher

Dealer had the car all day today, issue is fixed. Apparently they forgot to plug the sensor cables around the gears back in when they replaced the centre console. The car was confused what gears it was in hence the beeping ? gave them a mouthful the beeps were driving me nuts all week