GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf/GTI MK7 North American Press Release

Awesome, some things I noticed in the press release and in pictures:

For all the nay sayers screaming about the rumored lack of performance pack, looks like you will have to wait: "It is expected that the European Performance Pack will be offered during the GTI's lifecycle."

XDS front diff. lock is now standard.

If the pictures are from the actual cars we will be getting some interesting points:

The super glossy, smooth black finish on the dash seen in Geneva is gone from the GTI (thank goodness) and seems to have been replaced by the faux carbon fibre look, luke warm about that but much better than the gloss.

Appears to be a lot of buttons around the gear lever that seem to serve a function by the looks of the text on them. I count five versus the single in the Golf picture (which looks like a parking sensor button).

The MFI on the GTI has a colour display :cool:

Door cubby's seem to look rather large and bulge out, but I'm sure its not instrusive to leg room.

The regular golf has a beige interior, so a colour choice on the interior may be possible. Personally I love the beige interior combo with that sky blue.

Cup holder has the sliding lid like the euro mk6 holder.

Phew! Looking forward to what other ppl notice, and have gripes about, lol

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'd take anything in the pictures with a grain of salt. They don't appear to have Dot required reflectors on the front bumper ... are these even US spec cars?

:confused:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I'd take anything in the pictures with a grain of salt. They don't appear to have Dot required reflectors on the front bumper ... are these even US spec cars?

:confused:

Looking at some of the interior shots, I'd say no.

The light switches have options for rear fogs. I don't see VW keeping rear fogs on US bound cars. Americans are too stupid to understand what they're for.