GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTD ordered

greyboy

Hello all. Another newbie here.

Ordered my new pure white Golf GTD with Winter Pack two weeks ago. My first ever VW after a series of Audi and BMWs. Really impressed with the car when I test drove it. The leasing company has told me delivery will be "in the new year" which is a bit vague. On this basis I am expecting to have in January sometime. Am I being optimistic?

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
You might expect it on December. When I placed order on mine 2.0TDI, I was told to expect it after 90-100 days. I was pretty surprised when the dealer rang me earlier this week to tell me that it's arriving this friday(after only 50 days). :) However, it's possible that you'll have to wait longer because you ordered GTD.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
As you're leasing you might just get it them - as I understand things, many of the larger leasing companies appear to "pre-book" a certain number of production slots on the VW-schedule, thus allowing them to get things quicker - hope you're lucky - otherwise it's more likely March/April.

GTi/GTDs take longer than other models.

greyboy

Well, I got an update from my leasing company who told me that VW are behind on production due to demand. My GTD is scheduled for build week 6 (w/c 3rd Feb) which means I won't be in the car until beginning of March [sigh]. The leasing company has asked for a priority to be placed on the vehicle. Not sure that'll make much difference. On the plus side, I'll have a '14' plate.

C18rkw

Well, I got an update from my leasing company who told me that VW are behind on production due to demand. My GTD is scheduled for build week 6 (w/c 3rd Feb) which means I won't be in the car until beginning of March [sigh]. The leasing company has asked for a priority to be placed on the vehicle. Not sure that'll make much difference. On the plus side, I'll have a '14' plate.

im in the same boat.... 3 door pure white GTD due early Feb and leasing company holding until 1st march... i ordered mine the start of september:mad:

Marchell

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Greyboy
How do you know your build week for Feb 14 at this time? I'm keen to find out more about my order placed on 28 Sept which has yet to proceed from 'with the factory'?! Cheers

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I ordered my GTD last weekend (5dr Tornado Red + winter pack). Mine is showing at the factory

greyboy

Hi Greyboy
How do you know your build week for Feb 14 at this time? I'm keen to find out more about my order placed on 28 Sept which has yet to proceed from 'with the factory'?! Cheers

Hi Marchell
I asked my leasing company for an update and the VW dealer confirmed the build week to them despite the online tracker showing it still at the factory for processing. I can only guess that the website must be way behind.

Rf860

Passed Driver's Ed
If you know who the leasing company supply their cars from, just ask the supplier directly - that's what I did.

Not sure who your leasing co is, but mine was sourced through Cheltenham Spa VW.