GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD: MK7.5 GTI Akrapovic Titanium exhaust & High Flow Downpipes

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
How did the volume compare to the stock system? I've heard a few clips on YouTube, which sound good to me, other than the ones with the pops & bangs tunes (too old for that). What's difficult to tell is how large a change in overall volume there is with this exhaust.

tonymac1

Passed Driver's Ed
How did the volume compare to the stock system? I've heard a few clips on YouTube, which sound good to me, other than the ones with the pops & bangs tunes (too old for that). What's difficult to tell is how large a change in overall volume there is with this exhaust.
I would say the volume is about 30%- 40% louder than stock in my opinion. Not obnoxiously loud but gives the car a deeper tone.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Will the DP pass emissions? Fit DSG?
I looked the system up and it sounds like the DP will work with DSG, but will cause a CEL without a tune or spacer.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Here's the link to their offerings for the MK7 GTI. They only list up to 2016. I read somewhere on the forum that the MK7 & MK7.5 had different widths between the exhaust tips, is that incorrect? It appears the difference between the Evolution & Evolution Race lines are smaller mufflers, so slightly lighter weight & probably more volume? This is the non race line based on the mufflers in the pics. I wasn't planning on exhaust/stage 2 mods, but this being local is really tempting...

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/products/Volkswagen/Golf-VII-GTI?brandId=17&modelId=46&yearId=4258

tonymac1

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's the link to their offerings for the MK7 GTI. They only list up to 2016. I read somewhere on the forum that the MK7 & MK7.5 had different widths between the exhaust tips, is that incorrect? It appears the difference between the Evolution & Evolution Race lines are smaller mufflers, so slightly lighter weight & probably more volume? This is the non race line based on the mufflers in the pics. I wasn't planning on exhaust/stage 2 mods, but this being local is really tempting...

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/products/Volkswagen/Golf-VII-GTI?brandId=17&modelId=46&yearId=4258
So they only offer two options, muffler only or full exhaust including DP. The one i had was for MK7.5 specifically however the only difference between the mk7 and mk7.,5 version is the exhaust tip distance. Mk7.5 's exhaust tips are slightly further apart, if your car is a mk7.5 this fits perfectly.