GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Dride4K "Next Gen Connected" Dashcam

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Anyone have any interest in this? Can have it cheap. I paid $284 and waited almost two years for it, someone can have it for like... $60 bucks and some shipping or something.

It's unused. I took it out of the box to check it out, least I could do after waiting two years for it. But never mounted or actually used. The power cable is a USB-C cable, and it was supposed to work plugged into a cigarette lighter adapter, even says you can do that in the instruction manual. But oh wait, that doesn't work and they've said "Oops, sorry, you can't do that, it has to be hard wired to work." Fucking joke.

Here is a link to the IndieGoGo campaign:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dride-4k-next-gen-connected-dashcam#/
(This is the Dride4K Full version)

I backed this back in March of 2022. I wanted a dashcam that checked a few boxes:
4K: ✅
Live remote viewing: ✅
Parking event push notifications: ✅
Small\slim\sleek: ✅

This seemed to check all the boxes. For about half the cost of the other options. The campaign page looked good. So I went in.

Being completely honest upfront... By all accounts, this thing is a complete piece of shit. Supposedly the video quality looks horrible, and who knows what features actually work. I mean shit, for the longest time, you couldn't even wake it up remotely (apparently that's been fixed). I have absolutely no idea if the promised features actually work. It's supposed to have a rear cam, but I'm doubtful that will actually ever come. If by chance someone actually buys this off me, and if the rear cam ever shows up, I'll send it to the buyer on my own dime. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

To use the "next gen connected" features, you do need a sim card. It can't be data only, it does need a phone number along with it. Why? Who the hell knows. When I initially asked them how much data it needs, I was told 1 - 2gb a month should be fine. So if you want to try those features, you can get a pre-paid T-Mobile line\sim with 2gb a month for $10 a month. That was the best deal I found.

So for $60, you should at least be able to use it as a front only 4k dash-cam with questionable video quality. The benefit it does have over other cams it's not big and bulky like other units. It is fairly small.

1699238758775.png

1699238775710.png

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Interested. I'll hit you up tomorrow. Got a couple questions.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sure, just let me know.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Sorry for the delay. Think I might pass this time. Thanks man.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Never go into sales.

:ROFLMAO:

I'm just being completely honest, can't deceive the MK7 bros. I don't know why anyone would buy this. Except for maybe a "Ehh, the campaign page looks good, let me buy it to play around with it" kinda thing. A $50 4K Zhong Zhong dashcam from Amazon that spies on you and sends your data back to China is probably better than this.