GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Grill Cutout on Driver Side

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Was browsing some parts and trying to find an Oettinger front grill and notice that they have a cut out on both driver and passenger side on top of the grill.

Started looking for a place to buy them and stumbled across this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Oet...Volkswagen-VW-Golf-7-MK7-GTI/32681003821.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gol...bumper-Mesh-Grill-Grille-for/32470522106.html

This has the driver side opened up to match the passenger side. Not sure if anyone is interested, but if this fit properly... this would eliminate the need for people to make a template and try to dremel/cut out the driver side of the front grill.

Just figured I'd share what I found.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nice, I have been looking for something like this and bought an R grille because it gives a bit more flow room. I'd love to keep the honeycomb grille though.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
This combined with opening up the front of the intake would pretty much be a pretty good $200 intake that doesn't raise suspicion at the dealership or require swapping back to stock for emission testing and CARB stuff. :p

I don't think the Golf R grill has the top of the grill opened up right?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
No, the horizontal fins are lower and air flows between the top fin and the hood... Kinda like the Oettinger design which made me look at it. Luckily I was at a dealership a couple days later and I basically could fit my fingers between the grille and hood. I haven't been able to do IAT testing to see if it matters though. Probably makes no difference honestly lol

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Oooo that's a piece of info I didn't know. That is good to know.

If only they made a plastic version of the Revo Front Air Box so you didn't have to hack one with a dremel. :D