GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From Unitronic Stage 2 to EQT Stage 2 Base Map -- Yay or Nay?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have a 6MT.

Got it.
I appreciate your input, as well as everyone else's. I'm excited about getting a new tune. Too bad this is my first car and I didn't do my research before having my original indy mechanic that I don't go to anymore dupe me into getting a Unitronic tune without telling me about all the other great options. (Run-on sentence alert) Lesson learned.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Got it.
I appreciate your input, as well as everyone else's. I'm excited about getting a new tune. Too bad this is my first car and I didn't do my research before having my original indy mechanic that I don't go to anymore dupe me into getting a Unitronic tune without telling me about all the other great options. (Run-on sentence alert) Lesson learned.
Same here bro. I feel ya

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
Yes my car had the colder plugs when I bought, it had been tuned by the previous owner, it came with an AP. The fellow that had my car actually would tune it with various tunes, hook it up to a hub dyno and post his findings in YouTube. The funny part is I was watching these vids before I unknowingly bought the same car thinking (that would be a cool GTI to have).

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the displeasure of wrecking my 2019 GTI two weeks ago. it Was a total loss and was Uni stage 2 ECU/TCU. Eyeing a replacement car but thinking I’ll go EQT this time. Does the EQT stage 1 tune for 93 octane require colder plugs as well or just the stage 2?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I had the displeasure of wrecking my 2019 GTI two weeks ago. it Was a total loss and was Uni stage 2 ECU/TCU. Eyeing a replacement car but thinking I’ll go EQT this time. Does the EQT stage 1 tune for 93 octane require colder plugs as well or just the stage 2?
EQT will probably recommend a colder plug but for street driving stay with the stock heat range.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It's been a while since our conversation, so all the details got lost on me. The thing is, I'm running a Uni 93 file on 91 gas, whereas EQT has a 91 dedicated file. I think that alone should optimize the way my engine works and lead to better results (not that I'm going competitive, just for my own sake).

Can you describe how the two tunes feel different?

Also, my car is DSG.
Just as an FYI - I’m running a dedicated 91 octane stage 2 uni tune.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I made the switch to EQT last spring. It's nice that Unitronic actually took the time to accommodate you. They never offered me a 91 octane stage 2 file, even though I asked.
It might be a new thing, I just went stage two a couple of weeks ago - and before they sent me the file I told them that I was interested in running 91 octane, so they sent me the 93 and 91 files. They also sent me the pops and bangs file for 93, but they did not have that file for 91. I am not overly interested in pops and bangs, so it did not matter.